Q: New radiator yet the truck still over heats and cuts off. HELP!

We had gotten a. We radiator due to the last one no longer working. It was fine for a few days; but the. started over heating again. And now it wants to cut off. Can not drive longer than 5 minutes before it over heats to a boiling point.

A: You need to check and see if the thermostat...

You need to check and see if the thermostat is opening at about 190 degrees. If it does not, then replace it. You can feel it open by seeing if the top and lower hoses are warm.

If one is really hot and one is cold or lukewarm, then it is stuck. Also test to see if the fan clutch is working by putting a rag in the front middle of the radiator and seeing if the air flow through the radiator will hold the rag. If it does not then the fan clutch may be bad.

If you need help with this, contact a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to come and diagnose your car’s overheating issue. From there, they will be able to make any of the repairs that are needed to solve this problem.