Q: New parts, but scan says there are still problems

My car has been in the shop a lot. I have new spark plugs, new rear o2 sensor, and a new starter. When scanned it brings up the rear o2 sensor and spark plugs - but they are new! I can’t floor the gas - I have to baby the accelerator to get moving. My car just stutters along until it catches some speed. What do you think is causing all this?

The problem sounds like you have a blocked exhaust catalyst. Have the exhaust back pressure checked to see if the catalyst is blocked causing no or low exhaust flow. The engine needs to be able to breathe in and out to work properly and a clogged exhaust will cause low power or the acceleration to be really slow. I recommend having this double checked by a technician so that a proper diagnosis of your acceleration problem and the codes showing up.

3. New parts, but scan says there are still problems