Q: New motor now electrical problems

The motor locked up in the truck. Bought a reman motor to put in it. Got it in and hooked up but now when you put the key in the ignition and turn the key one click to the on position the starter engages and the motor bumps over. It doesn't start but it's like it's trying to. It's a real quick bump then stops. Then when you turn the key to the start position nothing at all happens. No smell of burning wires or sparking from shorts. New starter. Triple checked it is hooked up correctly. What would make it do this?

If it’s a "new" motor, and the bearings are possibly dry (they shouldn’t be, but you never know), you can pre-lube the motor by using a Pre-Lube Engine Oiler Tank. After ensuring there is oil throughout the motor, verify that the engine will turn freely and readily by hand (clockwise) using the crankshaft pulley bolt and an appropriate socket and wrench (can remove spark plugs to get a more accurate feel of the degree of resistance). If the crankshaft rotates freely, you’ll know the engine is not seized. At that point, you are dealing with a very mundane no start diagnostic.
Prior to performing diagnostics be sure you have a fully charged battery that passes a load test. Then, confirm that the engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated thus preventing the car from starting. To temporarily override the immobilizer system, see these instructions. With a fully charged battery and the immobilizer system off, if the starter motor does not operate at that point, either there is no power to the starter motor, hence the entire starter circuit would have to be diagnosed, or the starter itself is bad and it would be replaced. If the simple checks I have outlined above do not result in the car starting the recommended service to request is a no start diagnostic during which the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. New motor now electrical problems