Q: New ignition cylinder not inserting properly

I attempted to replace my locking cylinder on my ford ranger 95 and when inserting the new one, it can only partially rotate from the on position to the off position, so I can't pull out the key or start the ignition. I believe that the tip of the cylinder is the problem, because outside the slot in the steering column, it is able to rotate freely, and so I've removed the lower dash and covering around the steering column

There is a gear mechanism in the column that you may have gotten out of alignment. If so, you will not be able turn off or start the truck. You may need to have a mechanic look at the mechanism to align it back if the lock cylinder is out. This may be the only way to fix it without drilling it out again. I suggest calling a locksmith or a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the issue with your key and cylinder for an accurate repair.

3. New ignition cylinder not inserting properly