Q: New distributer squeals and vehicle won't idle, what did I do wrong?

I replaced my distributer and can not figure out why it squeals and won't idle

A: Hello. This problem is not uncommon for you...

Hello. This problem is not uncommon for your model of vehicle. Squealing occurs when the distributor shaft has run dry or has developed excessive end play. You can apply a few drops down the distributor shaft by removing the cap and rotor to see if that alleviates the issue. If not, then it is likely that it has excessive end play and the distributor needs to be replaced. If you want to have this diagnosed, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the squeal.