Q: New computer works fine, but the car is idling at 3000 rpm

I just put in a new computer after my car died and was throwing code p0601 (pcm memory fault). I have no doubt the computer is working because the car runs once I put the new pcm in. But it's idling at 3000 rpm. Do I need to drive it to get the sensors reacquainted? When I put the car in drive the Rpms go to about 1600.

Hi there. Anytime you install a new PCM or ECU, it needs to be reprogrammed by a dealership as they are the only ones with the correct software to complete this process any longer. If the relearn process is not completed, you will continue to have connectivity problems.

3. New computer works fine, but the car is idling at 3000 rpm