Q: New clutch replaced in my Audi TT, and now pedal has stuck

I had my clutch in my Audi TT replaced with a new one. When he delivered it back, he told me the pedal had stuck to the ground. Should that have been checked before returning my car?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. If you have a...

Hello, thanks for writing in. If you have a new clutch then your pedal should not be doing that. This is a sign of a bad clutch master cylinder, and it may need to be replaced. It doesn't always get replaced when a clutch is replaced, but should be checked. This may also happen if the system was not properly bled. If you want to have your pedal looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this.