Q: NEW CAR ASSISTANCE

Like to buy. New car 5 seater my range 6-8lakhs between. Suggest me SUV Type cars whose maintenance cost is low I like to purchase Big car but having all features

A: Comprehensive testing of new vehicles is pe...

Comprehensive testing of new vehicles is performed during each new model year by Consumers Union with the detailed results published in Consumer Reports. The testing and data are exhaustive and you can also read documentation of their test protocols at their website. In addition, with regard to your question about maintenance costs, Consumer Reports publishes detailed, component by component, historical reliability ratings for all major makes and models. By reviewing that data, you can get an idea of the likelihood that you will have repair costs for any model that you might be considering buying. Additionally, you can search databases, such as that maintained at www.nhtsa.gov, to get an idea of kind of issues that other consumers have encountered with particular vehicle makes, models, and model years that you might be considering. There is an overwhelming amount of objective data available from which you can make an intelligent choice. In fact, it is no exaggeration to say that if every consumer bought only the "top-rated" cars, as identified by the professionals doing all of the extensive testing, "bad" cars would eventually disappear from the market.