Q: New battery, windows not working, dashboard lights on, radio not working, and the car isnt cranking. No noise.

Had a bad battery...Bought a blemish battery for $40 from interstate. Put it in the car and now it isnt starting, the radio isnt coming on, turn signal not working, windows aren't working, headlights are working. And there isnt any noise when turning the key to attempt the start. Would it be tbe battery causing this..?

Hi there:

Usually if one accessory is working after installing a new battery, but select ones are not, it’s not related to the battery itself. It may be an issue with battery cables that are worn out, the main relay or other electrical problems that may have been caused by incorrectly installing the battery perhaps or previous damage occurring before the battery was replaced. However, blemish battery’s are not that reliable and tend to have issues holding a charge. The items you listed as not working are controlled by accessory switches, so it’s possible that these components are faulty. Due to the complexity of trying to diagnose this issue, you might want to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection first; so they can pinpoint the source of the issues you’re having and recommend the right repairs be completed.

3. New battery, windows not working, dashboard lights on, radio not working, and the car isnt cranking. No noise.