Q: New battery in truck

My battery was dead and I replaced it with a new one. The truck started right up and I moved it from the yard to my driveway. I didn't drive it at all for a few days and when I went to start it this afternoon, it's not starting and no lights are coming on like the battery is dead. Is this because I didn't drive it after replacing the battery? Will a jump start help it along?

Hello. The battery is dead due to a draw on system. You may be able to jump-start the truck, but the battery may go dead again if you do not see a reason the battery was drained. The alternator could also be shorted internally. If you would need to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the battery problem and help get your car running normally again.