Q: New battery in truck being drained.

I put a new battery in the truck after the old one died. Now, the battery is dead like something is draining the battery.

A: The battery's main purpose is to start ...

The battery's main purpose is to start the engine and provide a reference point for the alternator to use. If the battery is never charged by the alternator, (either because it has failed or the belt is no longer spinning its pulley) the engine will drain the battery fairly quickly depending on how many electronic accessories are running. Have a certified mechanic like one from YourMechanic test your alternator output and make sure its working up to specification.