Q: New battery, but have to keep jumping car

Got new battery a month ago. One weekend, after sitting all weekend it wouldn't start. Jumped the car and then it worked all week long. Next weekend, same issue. Jumped car last night, but wouldn't start this morning.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a faulty alternator. As you may know, the alternator is responsible for charging the battery while the engine runs by generating amperage and recharging the battery while the engine turns the alternator. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge and the car losing all power as you have described. You may also notice a whining sound as a result of the bearings inside the alternator begin to fail. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your charging system.

3. New battery, but have to keep jumping car