Q: NEW BATTERY BEING RUN DOWN .

IS THERE A CONNECTION OF HAVING THE RADIATOR FLUSHED AND A NEW THERMOSTAT INSTALLED, CAUSE THE PANEL LIGHTS TO STAY ON? THIS WAS RECENTLY DONE AND I NOTICED THE PANEL LIGHTS STAYING ON, THUS RUNNING DOWN A 1 YEAR OLD BATTERY NEEDING A JUMP START 2 CONSECUTIVE MONDAY MORNINGS . THE BATTERY WAS TESTED AND ALL SHOWED NO PROBLEM WITH IT. SOUNDS FOOLISH, BUT NOTHING ELSE WAS DONE TO THE CAR THAT I KNOW OF.. I NOW RUN THE CAR AT LEAST 20 MINUTES PER DAY AND THE CAR WILL START IN THE MORNING.

A: Normally, touching the thermostat or radiat...

Normally, touching the thermostat or radiator would have no relation to lighting. I cannot say if something like a ground wire may have been disturbed while working on the vehicle from a distance. generally, even a new or good battery can be drained if there is a constant power draw or short. Noticing that the panel lights are staying on, can indicate the problem is in that circuit. It can be a loose ground, a chaffed or damaged wire that is making contact with bare metal somewhere, completing the circuit and acting as sort of a switch by itself, and keeping the lights on. The light switch itself can be shorted internally.

A certified technician can diagnose the battery drain and isolate the exact cause.