Q: New alternater and battery still dying

I had a mechanic come out and replace my alternator a few weeks ago and have gone through two new batteries because after a day with a new one the car always needs to be jump started. What would cause this?

This can be caused by a bad ground wire from the battery or a bad voltage regulator as well. Check to be sure the black battery cable is properly secured to the vehicle’s chassis on the other end (opposite side of the one connected to the battery). Also you may want to have a qualified mechanic such as one from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and test your voltage regulator as well.

3. New alternater and battery still dying