Q: Netural Safety Switch needs to be replaced.

Is it safe to drive with check engine light on or does it need to be replaced immediately. What is the probability of the car stopping while driving.

The Check Engine Light is an indication that you have an issue that should be diagnosed and repaired as soon as possible. The light does not tell you what has failed. It only tells the driver that something has failed.

I cannot tell you if it is okay to drive the vehicle, or that the car will not stop on you, without knowing what exactly is failing. The neutral safety switch could have set the code which would make the light appear. If another problem happens you would not have an indication since the light is already on. The only indication of a new problem would be an engine stall or another symptom without a warning.

I recommend having the repairs done as soon as possible to keep yourself from getting into a potentially bad situation. A certified mechanic will be able to diagnose your Check Engine Light in order to pinpoint and fix whatever is causing it.

3. Netural Safety Switch needs to be replaced.