Q: needs reset new throtle body

My car shake when speed over 55 miles, I purchased used throtle body and was placed, but now engine code i sensor pedal accelerator, could be needs to reset the throtle body?

First off, I need to know which model of Chevrolet it is. Chevrolet makes many different models and designs of vehicles, without that information, I won’t be able to say for sure. Also, if you have a code for the accelerator, that would also help me answer your question. Codes provide a diagnostic path to follow.

I checked the procedure for a few of the most common models and there is a reset procedure that requires a scan tool. It is simply resetting the adaptive air flow parameters to zero for the throttle body. This has nothing to do with the pedal assembly sensors. But since you will have a scanner hooked up to the car, you can do some diagnosis of the system as a whole. It is possible that the used throttle body has a problem with it that the PCM is confused by.

Another thought I had, what brand of throttle body did you install? With electronics it is common that aftermarket parts won’t work properly. Of course factory parts are not cheap and many aftermarket parts work just fine. Knowing which ones do and which ones don’t is a factor of experience. In the case of a mechanic, we try it and if it doesn’t work, we know not to use that particular part for that particular car.

Most likely the code is another problem, but I can’t say for sure without more information. You also stated you have a shake over 55 mph. From your description, this sounds like a bad shock or a tire out of balance. I would need to experience the shake myself. But vibrations that increase with speed are typically an out of balance tire. I’d recommend getting the vehicle looked at by a qualified mechanic who will be able to diagnose the shaking you’re experiencing to pinpoint and fix the issue accurately.

Good luck.

3. needs reset new throtle body