Q: Needs new injector pump - 1994 Mercedes Benz 300TE

My car stalled while driving on the highway, and it wouldn’t start. My key turned but that’s it. It sounds like it’s not getting any fuel. So I took it to the local repair garage, and the mechanic said that it needed a new injector pump and didn’t know how to do it. He said to take it to the dealership. I don’t want to take it there. Do you know if the dealer is the only one that can fix my car? I wouldn’t be able to do it myself, but want to see what you thought before I make my next move.

Hello. The fuel injection pump has an electrical fuel cut off valve that may be cutting off the fuel and is not replaceable on some injection pumps. You may want to check-in with your local Mecerdes mechanic to check the system and see if this is the issue and if they are able to fix fuel injector pumps. If you would rather have an outside technician check the car for a second opinion, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the stalling problem thoroughly.