Q: Needs A/C compressor, but has 2.1 L instead of 2.5

I need an A/C replacement. My Jaguar was imported from Japan and it is 2.1 litre petrol, whereas when I’ve researched, most of the Jaguars of this model are 2.5 & 3 L variants. Are all of the X-Type A/C compressors the same and will a US-origin fit into my X type?

Hello. Your vehicle will use a different compressor then the models made for the U.S. You will need to order the compressor from Jaguar or try to find one online. These models can be difficult to find parts for as they did not have the same product support as those built for other parts of the world. Worst case scenario you will need to go to a dealer to order it for you. If you need help sourcing the part or having it installed, consider having a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, replace your AC compressor for you.

3. Needs A/C compressor, but has 2.1 L instead of 2.5