Q: Needed brakes car would go in reverse but wouldn't move finally did but super loud metal to metal sound

I knew I needed brakes I stopped my car put it in park but when I put in in reverse to go it was like stuck so I pushed harder on accelerator and it moved but when it moved there is a super loud metal to metal sound you can probably hear a mile away

A: Hello. If the brakes sounded that bad then ...

Hello. If the brakes sounded that bad then chances are that the pad may have come loose and jammed between the brake pad bracket and the rotor. It is also possible that the caliper piston came out of its bore. The brakes will need to be fully inspected to diagnose what occurred. If this is something that you want to have done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this.