Q: Need to sort out the AC in my car, uncomfortable now

I really like my 2011 Volkswagen Jetta, but it has some minor issues which drive me absolutely crazy! The A/C compressor died in my car at around 45,000 miles and I grudgingly replaced it, as summer was coming up. Now, the A/C has stopped working again! I'm not looking forward to possibly replacing the pump a second time. Could I be overworking the A/C or is this a normal issue? I only use my A/C in the summer.

A: You cannot be over working the A/C if you o...

You cannot be over working the A/C if you only use it in the summer. The A/C compressor may have failed again due to the front seal leaking from lack of lubrication, caused by non-use during the winter. I recommend running the A/C once or twice a month, year-round, just to lubricate the compressor shaft seal. You can have a certified mechanic with YourMechanic check the A/C system for proper operation and leaks.