Q: Need to replace catalytic converter on my car

My car has 110,000 miles on it, and I got code P0420 showing that the catalytic converter is bad. I have been searching for a replacement catalytic converter and I haven't been able to find one that was a match. I have found one that matches the DS, ES and Ralliart models. I have the GTS model, and am wondering where I can find a replacement that fits my model.

Hi there, the P0420 code could have many different causes.

With the catalytic converter, it is typically best to purchase it from the dealer. It really depends on your local regulations though. If your regulations allow for aftermarket converters, then you should try your local exhaust shop as they should have a universal replacement. If you need the OE converter then you will need to go to the dealer for it.

If you need further assistance with this, a certified technician can come to your home or office to supply a catalytic converter and install it for you.

3. Need to replace catalytic converter on my car