Q: Need to know if I have to program a used motor on my 2011 Nissan Versa 1.8?

I ordered a used motor through a web site copatible vin numbers.. so i put the new motor in and still cant get it to start ... so im thinking it must have to be reprogramed...

A: Hello. If a "same engine code" sw...

Hello. If a "same engine code" swap was performed, the issue is probably defined by whether you used a different engine computer, or plugged the new engine into your existing engine wiring harness and original computer.

If you used a different computer, there are probably some security codes that are different between the engine, security system, instrument cluster, and body control module electronics. One or more of these may need to be sync’d using Nissan specialty gear.

If you plugged the new engine into your existing wiring harness and engine computer, there are likely more conventional issues. Check for spark, fuel, unplugged or mis-plugged wires, etc. to see if these are all in order. If you would like to have this done, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the no-start and assist you with any needed repairs.