Q: Need to know if I can salvage parts

My crank pulley is loose, the serpentine belt is off, and my car won't start. Not sure if I need new parts or if the parts can be salvaged.

If the crank pulley is loose, you need to find out if the keyway (a tiny rectangular metal piece) is still in position on the crankshaft. The keyway holds the crank pulley in position and must be in place to keep it from spinning freely. Your vehicle not starting is most likely due to a dead battery, which died due to not having a belt to turn the alternator that charges the battery. I suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect and determine what can be salvaged and what needs replacing.

3. Need to know if I can salvage parts