Q: Need to have transmission fluid replaced

I have a service appointment for my car to look into a software update. I also want to have the transmission fluid drained and filled. Does this car's transmission have a gasket and filter? Would we need to drop the pan for a gasket change?

No, this car does not have a filter that requires service or dropping the pan.

To replace the transmission fluid on this vehicle, remove the drain plug and drain the fluid. Then install a new drain plug gasket and refill the transmission fluid through the service pipe.

This is a continuously variable transmission (CVT), which requires special fluid and attention to detail. I suggest you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, service your transmission fluid for you.