Q: Need tips on changing my brake pads

I want to change brake pads on my car and I need some tips. I've changed the oil on a motorcycle, replaced spark plugs on my old Santa Fe, and some other mechanical tasks over the years, but have never replaced the brake pads. Is this something I could easily do? I have a large selection of tools. Are there any tips or tricks I should know before venturing into this?

A: Hello. A brake job is not a difficult job f...

Hello. A brake job is not a difficult job for someone who is mechanically inclined. Having the proper tools will also make this job easier. You will need the appropriate sockets and ratchet, a 6” or larger “c” clamp, brake lube (for removing the brake hardware), a hammer (if the rotors are being replaced), and an impact screwdriver (may be necessary to remove the rotor screws). If you need assistance with replacing your brake pads, seek help from a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.