Q: Q: Need new battery.

Car won't start. I tried to jump it off, but it still won't start. I need a new battery.

3. Q: Need new battery.

Q: Q: Automatic transmission problem

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is likely related to the transmission control module which directs the transmission to shift up and down at specific points relative to engine RPMs. If you would like, consider having an expert automotive technician...

Q: Just did a tune up on my 84 olds cutlass supreme. 3.8. Afterward got a static sounds from stereo, then it died on the freeway

When you operated the car right after the tune-up, the coil somehow "found" a good enough path to ground for the ignition to function, but it was probably a high resistance path. That would have increased the load on the...

Q: Starter, alternator, or battery?

Hi there. In most cases, when you're pulling less than 15 volts from the alternator the issue is caused by an internal component failure within the alternator itself or the alternator relay. If the starter is not receiving the correct...