Q: Need help rewiring engine

I'm looking to pay a mechanic to help rewire the engine front under the hood with me.

A: The simplest and most cost effective way to...

The simplest and most cost effective way to do this is to purchase a complete wiring harness. Replacing all the wiring one wire at a time or building your own harness is far more time consuming. If you are paying a mechanic to do this, it will be very expensive. If you Google Camaro wiring harness, you will get many electrical harness options. You will need to do a fair amount of research to decide which one you want. Paying a mechanic to help you with this choice will take lots of time. I recommend joining a Camaro car club to get feedback from other enthusiasts. Clubs such as this will have the greatest pool of resources and information about your choices. Deciding which harness is right for your project is often the most time consuming part of this job.

Once you have purchased the complete harness, now is the time to hire a technician to help you. It is important to note that not all mechanics will have the skill set to complete a job such as this. This is specialty work. Many mechanics are accustomed to working on modern cars where aesthetics don’t need to be considered. For this reason, you need to find someone with experience doing projects such as yours. Again, I recommend a car club. Depending on where you live, there will be many people in that group capable and willing to jump into a project like yours.

Good luck!