Q: Need help rewiring engine

I'm looking to pay a mechanic to help rewire the engine front under the hood with me.

3. Need help rewiring engine

Q: Which GM pick up rear end has posi, disc brakes and will match my 67 measurements?

Hi there. The axle from a 2001 Chevrolet Camaro should fit your 67 GMC. The axle is about the width of your original axle and it has disc brakes with the posi loc traction control in the differential. If you...

Q: Hissing noise when brake pedal depressed.

Hello, the hissing sound is an internal vacuum leak with in the brake booster. The booster uses vacuum to assist with the brake pedal apply. You will need to replace the booster. If you'd like, a certified Your Mechanic...

Q: Just replaced timing chain and see it is a common issue with this model. Should I keep or trade the car? Do you see this a lot?

The timing chains are tightened up by the timing tensioner and rides along the timing guides. At around 50K miles, the timing chain tensioner tends to stop working. The tensioner is hydraulically operated. To prolong the timing chain and keep...