Q: Possible clutch issue?

Need to pinpoint clutch issue to decide if repair costs are worth it or if I should just buy another car. Last week it became difficult to shift into some gears; gears would vary, and seemed to happen when car was cold. Then after being parked overnight, it was in reverse and stuck there; also clutch pedal gave no resistance & stayed down once depressed. I backed car up a bit, then turned it off and left it. Next morning tried again to drive, and easily shifted into neutral, but then car died, and would not start again - engine was trying to turn over, but sounded like battery was weak. That night, easily jump started the battery, and motor was running, but would not shift into any gear at all. I suspect an electrical problem - See: https://www.angieslist.com/articles/what-are-most-common-problems-manual-transmission-vehicles.htm June this year, someone helping to jump it said there was too much electrical current, not too little. Still, I had a new battery installed.

Hi there. From the description you have provided, I do not believe the inoperative clutch is an electrical issue. The hard to shift into gear and clutch pedal staying down once depressed, leads me to believe, it’s a failed clutch master cylinder and/or a failed clutch slave cylinder. The battery being weak, may have been something was left on, may just be a battery issue. Proper diagnoses should be performed before deciding whether to replace your vehicle. I recommend having your vehicle’s inoperative clutch be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.