Q: Need help picking the right camshaft

ls1 texas performance headers corsa exhaust need to pick the right camshaft for the highest under the curve power

As you may know, when it comes to picking the correct camshaft for a motor, there are many things that factor into the specifications that will make a particular camshaft right for your engine application. Understanding your fuel system, intake manifold and ignition system are key components to choosing the correct camshaft needed for your particular motor. The lift, duration, lobe separation angle and overlap are all key measurements you will need to know and factor in when picking the correct camshaft and these are all chosen in connection with your fuel system and ignition system. In other words, choosing your camshaft should be done at the same time and/or while also choosing the right intake and ignition as they all depend on each other to make the motor put out the most power. Unfortunately, without knowing these basics, it is not possible to determine what camshaft may be best for your application. Your best bet may be to consult with a local mechanic or have a mobile technician inspect the vehicle and assist you with this installation.

3. Need help picking the right camshaft