Q: Need help figuring out how to fix my car

I have an 04 nissan altima 2.5l. I just recently bought it.
After about 3 weeks I stared hearing a ticking noise coming from under the hood while I'm driving, it only does it when I stay at a steady speed. If I press the gas or let off it stops. On top of that. 2 days ago I started smelling what to me smells like burnt rubber after driving for a period of time then parking. Now my service engine soon light is on. Any idea on what's going on?

Hi there:

Based on your input, it’s possible that your serpentine or drive belt and pulley is the source of your problems. The belts are made from rubber and nylon cords, and will produce a burning smell when they are loose and about to break. The ticking noise could be caused by a pulley that is damaged as well. You should contact a local mobile mechanic to come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection; so they can determine what is causing these symptoms and recommend the right repairs be completed.

3. Need help figuring out how to fix my car