Q: Need help determining replacement parts

My alternator belt came off. A few other things I might need, but I am not sure of: master cylinder, rack and pinion steering, and a valve cover. I also have an oil leak, but I am not sure where it is. I would appreciate any help in determining what I need to have done.

Hi there. It sounds like you have multiple problems with your car that need to be checked out. The alternator belt coming off can be a pulley problem. An inspection can be done to pinpoint the oil leak and a dye can be used to further assist on finding the problem. The brakes and steering could also be inspected for the problems that you have stated. If any of the above symptoms are present, have a certified mechanic inspect your vehicle to eliminate any further complications.