Q: need help breaking loose crank shaft pulley bolt?

trying to change my timing belt, but i need to remove the timing belt cover, which is wrapped under the crank shaft pulley as well, so im trying to remove the crank shaft pulley bolt, but it wont break loose.

A: The crankshaft pulley is tightened to 250 f...

The crankshaft pulley is tightened to 250 ft lbs of torque and the only way to get it loose is to use a special tool to hold the crankshaft pulley and a 19mm socket on a long breaker bar to brake the bolt loose. You can get the special tools at most auto parts stores. However, if you are find that you would just like to have a professional take care of this for you, then a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to replace or install your timing belt for you.