Q: Need diagnostic on van.

I had problems starting my van, so I changed the battery. It worked for about three trips, then the starter stopped working. I replaced it and it started a few more times before it broke down again. The mechanic from roadside assistance changed the positive battery cable and it worked a few more times. I also changed the relay, but now it is not starting again, and is making an entirely different noise. I need my van looked at to see if it is worth fixing, or if I should just sell it.

A: I would be curious if the alternator is cha...

I would be curious if the alternator is charging you battery, I’d have a certified mechanic test the entire starting and charging system. If the alternator isn’t charging the battery the engine will drain it very quickly depending on how many electronics are powered up, from what your describing though it seems like it might be a charging problem.