Q: Need advice on using synthetic oil

Is there any advice on using a high quality synthetic in my SUV with the AFM? I ran Mobil 1 in my old Suburban for over 9 years. It had the 8.1, so oil use was a concern pulling a 25 foot Haulmark. Now with the new tech engine in the Tahoe, I'm wondering whether the cost for oil will be worth it.

A: I would use synthetic oil from day one. The...

I would use synthetic oil from day one. The cost of synthetic versus regular oil is not that much, and synthetic will give you better engine protection in the long run.

This is only my humble opinion and preference. I have over 240k mies on my truck engine and it is still running strong. If you need any help, reach out to a certified mechanic who can service your oil at your own convenience.