Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-jnpmuajs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-jnpmuajs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-33384-jnpmuajs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-jnpmuajs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-jnpmuajs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-jnpmuajs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-jnpmuajs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-jnpmuajs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-jnpmuajs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-33384-jnpmuajs:173:8

Q: Need advice on transmissions

My wife and I considering purchasing a Xterra with automatic transmission. However, I did some research and heard some bad stories about people having problems with automatic transmissions, burnt transmission fluid from lack of cooling, etc., in Xterras. Do you know if this is still a problem in the 2015 model? We are going to be towing a tent trailer with the vehicle.

A: Hello there. After doing a bit of research,...

Hello there. After doing a bit of research, it seems that past Xterras have had some issues with the cooling system. The previous models had a tendency to have an internal leak inside the radiator which would allow the coolant to mix with the transmission cooler and causing damage.

Newer Xterras have come a long way and no longer have this particular issue. If you are going to be doing much towing I would advise looking into a model with a towing package as these have upgraded transmission cooling systems are equipped to tow a larger load more frequently safely.

With towing the weight of the trailer, the vehicle will depend heavily on how long the transmission lasts. Make sure the trailer does not exceed the towing capacity of the Xterra and it should not a be a problem. The transmission burning fluid is not always the vehicle's fault and can also be a result of not changing the transmission fluid at the proper intervals or at all. Perform regular transmission service and the transmission should last a long time. After you've made your car purchase, the qualified technicians at YourMechanic are available to perform these maintenance services at times that are convenient for you.