Q: Need advice on buying a used Jeep for commuting

I am thinking of buying a used Jeep. I have read reviews about using it for commuting: some good, some bad. I know about their gas mileage, and I know the ride isn't luxurious and all of those negatives. My question is will the car hold up as a commuter with daily highway use? I would be commuting 30 miles one way. Someone at work has told me that they are built strictly for off-roading, and that the engine won't stand up to daily use. Is this a good car for commuting?

I have had a couple of Jeeps in the past and can say that the Wrangler is no different to any other vehicle on the road when it comes to reliability. Any vehicle needs normal maintenance and the Jeep is no different. Depending on the year and options of the Jeep, different maintenance will be required to keep it going. If you plan on using it as a daily driver and off-road on the weekends, then you will have more maintenance to fix things that the off-road use will wear out faster than on the commuting use. Regardless, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to provide a pre-purchase inspection on any used car you might be interested in.

3. Need advice on buying a used Jeep for commuting