Q: Need advice for rust prevention

I want to rustproof my new truck. I am planning on having it sprayed with fluid film. Is there any better option? Are there things that I should be cautious of?

A: I don’t have much experience with this, sin...

I don’t have much experience with this, since I don’t live in the rust belt. However, my family is from Minnesota and I hear them complaining about rust all the time. My dad grew up there during a time when they didn’t have protection options like fluid film. The way he kept his ’66 Pontiac GTO rust free was by washing it compulsively. Every time he washed it he made sure to clean the undercarriage too. Rust can be very difficult to fight, but you can win the battle against it if you apply fluid film to the undercarriage, keep the vehicle clean and apply wax a few times a year.