Q: Need a reliable, affordable, used car

I'm a senior in college and my first car just died on me. I'm going to have to take out a loan to purchase a new one so I want to be certain I'm buying something reliable. I've been doing research for awhile but it seems like every car in my budget is full of issues. What's the best, most reliable used car I can get for under $12000? Or should I invest in a new car? Thank you!

A: Hey there. It is not always a make or model...

Hey there. It is not always a make or model that makes a good car, but how well the car was maintained and taken care of. You should choose a car you like and then have an a professional conduct a pre-purchase inspection to check out the car and do a complete inspection for possible problems with the car. This may help you choose a good car to buy or not buy if found to have major issues.