Q: Need a new pan, lug, gasket.

Car has 133,000 miles. Mechanic will not replace oil again until I get a new pan, lug, or gasket. Do I need a new pan or can drill new hole

Hello. It is never recommended to drill a new hole in your oil pan although many have done it. The best recommendation if your oil drain plug is stripped out is to replace the oil pan. It is an extreme liability for a technician who attempts to change the oil on a vehicle with this condition. I would strongly recommend having your oil pan replaced if this is the case as opposed to just drilling a new hole. Drilling a new hole can cause problems later on down the road in the form of leaks.

3. Need a new pan, lug, gasket.