Q: Navigation screen, backup cam, and bluetooth not working

The dealership just replaced my battery last week. This week, the navigation screen, backup cam, and the bluetooth quit. All other electronic components are fine (all buttons, radio controls, A/C - all work well). I returned to the dealer and they claimed to have taken the unit apart and they can’t diagnose the problem. They said that I’ll have to have it replaced for $2K! Could this have happened from a faulty battery installation and what is your advice?

A: Hello. This could have been caused by a fau...

Hello. This could have been caused by a faulty battery installation. When the battery is not installed properly it may blow with the 100 amp battery fuse, which can be costly to replace. However, it is also likely that your radio unit coincidentally malfunctioned right after the battery was installed. There are cheaper options that you can find to replace your head unit. It is also possible for the dealer to send your head unit back to Lexus and have them repair it. This may be cheaper than buying a whole new unit. If you want to have this looked at by an independent mechanic, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your electrical problem.