Q: Navigation narrow search unavailable - 2015 Infiniti QX60

I need help with my navigation. Every time I put in an address of a building number and then a street it brings up about 250 matches from different states in my region. Is there anyway to narrow the search to a more local area? It just takes me forever to find anything on here. It’s ridiculous! I am probably not doing it right though. Also when I put in an address it says it’s unavailable. When I use my phone maps application and enter the same address it shows me the directions immediately. This is overwhelming and I need help. Do you have any suggestions?

A: Hello. The first thing I would try is going...

Hello. The first thing I would try is going into the navigation settings and making sure your default location settings are set up. There may be some sort of setting that allows you to default to a certain state or area. Next, I would then make sure that the navigation system's firmware is up to date. If the system firmware is not up to date, it may be missing information that is critical to its operation. The firmware version can usually be found in the settings or can be checked by a dealership.