Q: my windshield wipers don't work even though the motor is good

I think the bushings are bad. My father took something off the linkage and now they don't work.

Hi there. Assuming, you hear the windshield wiper motor coming on, leads me to believe the part your father removed is necessary for the windshield wipers to work. It could be, a deteriorated linkage bushing and may only be available with the wiper linkage arm. To accurately determine the fault, requires proper inspection of the windshield wiper system. I recommend having your vehicle’s inoperative windshield wipers be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.