Q: My water pump is bad.

I'm pretty sure my water pump is bad. On the left side of the engine beneath the alternator I can see moisture with a green tint to it which I know is probably coolant. The belt is squeaking but that could be the pulley as well, I was just gonna change the water pump and be done with it. I was hoping you guys could maybe verify that that would solve my problem? Also, would I have to redo the timing after I replace the water pump? I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!

There are 2 different 2.2L engines available for this vehicle and one of the requires a special tool to remove the timing chain driven water pump. The moisture with the green tint is likely to be engine coolant. Consider hiring an experienced technical like one form YourMechanic who can come out to do an inspection of the vehicle and perform a cooling system pressure test to see where the fluid may be leaking from and confirm your engine model for an accurate estimate on the repairs.

3. My water pump is bad.