Q: My water pump has a slight leak and the temperature gauge fluctuates

my temp gauge goes up past halfway after car is warm and restarted while its still hot. after a few seconds it slowly goes back to normal. Will fluctuate sometimes at slow speeds. was told at the dealer my water pump has small coolant leak. seeping.

A: Hello, if your coolant system is leaking, a...

Hello, if your coolant system is leaking, air can get into the system and create this issue. Low coolant level, poor air flow across the radiator can do this also. The best thing to do is inspect the system for the leak and check coolant flow output. I recommend a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your temperature gauge.