Q: My vehicle stalls while driving and has trouble restarting - 1993 Jeep Wrangler

The vehicle will only drive for approximately 5-10 mins before stalling. After stalling the vehicle will not restart unless ignition is turned completely off first, due to lack of spark. The duration of the engine running seems to be dependent on the duration of ignition being in the off position after stalling. Continuous attempts to start will result in the engine stalling immediately upon kicking over. I have replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor (Twice), Throttle position Sensor, MAP sensor, Idle Air Control motor, Ignition Coil, Coolant Temperature Sensor, Fuel Pump and Fuel filter with zero impact on symptoms.

A: This problem may involve the heavy duty tes...

This problem may involve the heavy duty test tools, such as an oscilloscope, but it seems likely that the ignition control module has all but completely failed. It lives in/on the distributor - a hot place with a lot of vibration. Testing the spark path from trigger to spark plug is needed: from the magnetic pickup in the distributor to the ignition control module to the cap & rotor, plug wires, and then the plugs themselves.

I would recommend having a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an inspection to determine why the car is starting and dying and give an accurate assessment of the damage and cost estimate for repairs.