Q: My vehicle goes over operating temperature when it comes to a stop

My car overheated last week and no I didn't let it go to red on the temp gauge. I took to a mechanic and he replaced the thermostat. Then a few days later the same thing happened. There was too much pressure and the water would rise up from the reservoir. So I took to a radiator specialist and he just told me it was the cap. Everything seemed okay but now when I cruise it's fine but when I'm on traffic it goes over the middle of the temp gauge and I hear the fans come on. This very abnormal for my vehicle because it would Always stay on the center. Last night it happened when I let it idle on my driveway. Sometimes I do hear a funny noise like with a pulley but the mechanic said there was nothing wrong

3. My vehicle goes over operating temperature when it comes to a stop