Q: My vehicle will not move when in gear and you can move the shifter even when not pushing in the clutch 2008 Honda Civic

so when the vehicle is off or on i can easily move through the gears as if i was holding the clutch down. when i turn it on and try to move it seems as if the vehicle is still in neutral while in 1st and holding down the clutch, however when i release nothing happens as if the clutch was still being held down or in neutral, but the car revs really high and still will not move forward or backward, a friend of mine drove it and smelled like clutch. the car was driven several feet with the brake on before this happened, what is the problem, please help

Hi there. It sounds like your clutch has failed. When it fails completely you will usually get a burning smell and you will have a complete disconnect from the transmission and engine. You are going to need a new clutch. You should have a transmission specialist take a look at it.

3. My vehicle will not move when in gear and you can move the shifter even when not pushing in the clutch 2008 Honda Civic