Q: My van starts whenever it wants and dies while driving whenever.

I got this van a few months ago. Good condition and from the previous buyer told me they kept up on the maintance. Well about 3 weeks after i got it it wouldnt want to start every time but i could turn the van off or wait a second and it would start right back. Then it got to where it would die while i drive it. lights and everything are still on. its cranking to try and turn over but its not firing. Ive had 5 people look at it and no one knows whats wrong but ive been told theres been alot of work done on it. Some times itll start right up but then some days itllvstart in the morning and i can drive somewhere doesnt have to be far and it wont turn back on untilvthe next day or evening.

A: You will need to have a mechanic test it wh...

You will need to have a mechanic test it when it is not starting to see if you have no fuel pressure or spark. The year and engine has had problems with both of these areas. If after scanning the computer you get codes to the cam or crank sensors, then replace the sensors. If you do not have fuel pressure, then you may have to replace the fuel pump and connector at the fuel pump. Since you say that it works sometimes, the best thing to do is to have a diagnosis when it is not starting so that the mechanic can get a more conclusive clue of what is going on.