Q: My van ran out of radiator antifreeze fluid and it just kind of froze and the battery they killed off the battery and I'm wonderin

My van died and I ran out of radiator fluid. I want to know if I should put water in the radiator until I get more radiator fluid.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. If you lost coolant and the van overheated, then adding water is better than nothing being added. It sounds like you seized the motor and may have blown head gaskets and may have cracked the heads. Have the cooling system checked for reason for the overheating and damages done to engine due to the overheating. If you’d like, YourMechanic offers this service simply by coming to your home or office to inspect and make the necessary repairs for you.

• My van ran out of radiator antifreeze fluid and it just kind of froze and the battery they killed off the battery and I'm wonderin