Q: Quit running, but starts after waiting a while?

van quits running after waiting a while starts and runs then quits again. Seems like battery and starter are ok. I think its a fuel issue

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like a common problem with ignition coils failing related to what is known as "heat cycling." Ignition coils are prone to this type of erratic functioning or heat cycling when they are beginning to fail due to the temperature fluctuations under the hood which ultimately cause them to shut down causing the car to only run after cooling down for 30-40 minutes. Ignition coils are coated with a varnish-like insulation that becomes brittle over time after being stretched then contracted repeatedly The insulation develops small fractures that open when heated and close when cooled. When open, they allow shorting of coil windings and decrease or eliminate the coil’s ability to function. This process will repeat itself continuously until the coil ultimately fails completely and must be replaced. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your ignition system.

3. Quit running, but starts after waiting a while?